Saturday, December 18, 2010

Enchanted

On Wednesday, Helen Grace and I decided to venture out and explore the Enchanted Forest at the Pink Palace with our friends, Jessica and Callum. I hadn’t been since this picture was taken…Roll20137-3 05Dec1987Not much had changed about the exhibit in all those years, but that was good. It is such a classic Christmas experience, and I loved seeing it through the eyes of a child again. Helen Grace and Callum were *enchanted* with all the moving animals and of course wanted to touch everything. Callum was brave and walked up to Santa to chat with him at the end of the exhibit, but Helen Grace clung to my leg and wouldn’t go near him. If you have little ones and are looking for a fun way to spend the afternoon, I’d highly recommend making a trip to the Enchanted Forest.

CIMG6969 CIMG6972This was as close as I could get her to the snowman.CIMG6978 CIMG6982CIMG6988CIMG6992CIMG6994CIMG6995 “Well, hello, Mr. Dinosaur.”CIMG6996 Our little paleontologists at workCIMG6997 CIMG7000CIMG7002 

Helen Grace and I took Bubba out to lunch on Friday for her birthday. We are so grateful for another year with Bubba (if you know Bubba, you know she says every one is her last- and has said that for the last 10 years), and we look forward to another year of memories.bubba bday2 CIMG7004

Today we met Bubba, Meredith, Spif, and Granddaddy for lunch to exchange some gifts before Meredith flies home for the holidays. I thought this bow looked cute on HG, but she didn’t really agree. I must have worn her out shopping that morning because she fell asleep in my lap during lunch. I was able to get her to the car without waking her, but she sat straight up when her bottom hit the seat; however, she was soon asleep again and is STILL napping two and a half hours later. I don’t know what to do with myself!CIMG7010 CIMG7012

No comments: