Thursday, November 25, 2010

Gobble, Gobble

Wow, we have so many things to be thankful for…one of the biggest being our sweet baby girl! As always, with Helen Grace being a year older, this holiday was so much fun. I’m enjoying starting traditions with her and watching her experience new things. And she definitely makes family gatherings more exciting/loud/crazy/messy! Here’s a peak at  Thanksgiving 2010…

I saw this recipe for hand print turkey cookies that I wanted to try, so we hit the kitchen on Thanksgiving Eve.CIMG6725 She was really into it at first and loved the stirring.CIMG6728 But then I lost her when I tried to trace her hand. All she wanted to do was draw, so I had to freehand her hand print.CIMG6729 Those were the only four hands I could get cut out before a hissy fit ensued (because I took away the blue pen she was drawing with/coloring on her shirt).CIMG6730 Thanksgiving morning…breakfast on the couch…hey, it’s a holiday!CIMG6731We tried icing the turkey cookies this morning, and I thought she would love that part.CIMG6732 But all she wanted to do was eat the turkey’s candy corn beak, so we went through quite a few ‘beaks.’CIMG6734 Our little turkeyCIMG6736 CIMG6739 After a bath, she was glued to the Macy's parade. She’s definitely my girl! Watching the parade with her is such a fun tradition.CIMG6740 CIMG6744 She got so excited about the floats, especially Mickey and the Sesame Street crew. Very cute!CIMG6749 Having tea with Daddy at Bubba’sCIMG6751 CIMG6752 CIMG6754 CIMG6755 The kids’ table at Bubba’s…although all us grandchildren are now over 21 and I have a child of my own… :)SAM_1026 She was digging into Mama’s plate.SAM_1027 Grandkids- Ryves, me, Amy, Meredith, WilliamCIMG6758 Let’s just say that William doesn’t have a way with kids.CIMG6759 CIMG6760 This is blurry, but it’s a cute moment captured with HG actually laughing while William is holding her- that doesn’t happen often!CIMG6763 CIMG6766SAM_1028 Aunt Sharon and Meredith were sweet and really got into coloring with HG.SAM_1043 Having fun with Grandma at the BrownsCIMG6769 CIMG6770 John was sitting in this chair, but Helen Grace insisted that he get out so that she could sit in it and was not willing to share it with him. So he was nice  and moved, and she climbed in. Then he pretended to sit on her lap, and she thought it was HILARIOUS. Total giggle fit!CIMG6774

No comments: