Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Shopping Beauty

On Sunday morning, Helen Grace and I met Spif, Granddaddy, and Aunt Glo at Big League for brunch. HG enjoyed wandering around on the patio once again. The waitresses are starting to know her by name now!

After brunch, Gloria headed back to Jackson, and the rest of us hit the Germantown Festival, one of my favorite fall events. Last year, HG was content to hang out in her infant carrier and wait with Granddaddy Google with Spif and I shopped. Not so much this time! We kept her in the stroller as long as we could by bribing her with milk and treats, but finally, she couldn’t take it anymore and had to get out and climb something. She was filthy by the end of the day, but she had a blast exploring.

Some other funny new things…

  • Earlier in the week, I caught her trying to put one of her diapers on her baby doll. She kept laying the diaper down and then putting the baby on top of it. I tried to help her by unfolding the diaper and showing her how to pull it over on top of the baby, but no, she wanted to do it herself. Not sure where she gets that from. ;)
  • She still loves to give big hugs, but if she really just wants to cuddle, she will pull her arms inside of the hug and tuck them into you. I prefer cuddles this way too, so maybe that is an inherited trait. Ha!
  • In the past, she would pucker up and give you a little kissy face, but now she is putting the hand motion with it and blowing kisses to us. She will get on a rampage and just blow endless kisses. Hilarious! She still loves to give real kisses too, especially when I’m getting on to her for doing something she’s not supposed to do….manipulation starts early, doesn’t it?
  • Over the last few weeks, she has started running to me when I pick her up at Grandma’s, which makes me as giddy as a school girl. Today, she and Grandma were walking out of the garage when I drove up, and I could hear her squeal with delight as I parked the car. What a treat!
  • She’ll now dance on command- she’ll bounce up and down and shake her hands.
  • When she is excited about walking somewhere, she gets this determined little march of a run going and swings her arms in front of her like her daddy does when he’s being silly.

Sunday BrunchCIMG6146 One of my favorite recent picsCIMG6150 Getting into trouble in Spif and Granddaddy’s backyardSAM_0697 Love that face!CIMG6151    Shopping at the Germantown FestivalCIMG6153 SAM_0704 Last year at the Germantown Festival…what a difference a year makes!CIMG2964 Z10M2635

No comments: