Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Lovie Dovie

What a fun day Helen Grace and I have had!

It started out a little hectic this morning since we had our Bible study and I worked in the nursery for our volunteer shift. I ended up staying in her room, and I’m glad I did. She really was fine without me, but there were just a few times she looked around for me and then ran over to me smiling! If I weren’t there, I think she would have just gone back to what she was doing. It did give me some insight on what goes on while the moms are meeting, and I’m still feeling a little nervous about leaving her. I am trying to remain rational and attribute the lack of organization and knowledge/attentiveness to it being so early in the semester. My experience last week certainly made me love on those crying babies today, but sometimes I didn’t have enough arms to hold them all. Very heartbreaking to not be able to calm a little one down like only their mama can do. We’ll keep on trying and hoping that we will settle into a routine that we are both comfortable with.

After our morning in the nursery, we met our friend, Melissa, for a last lunch before her little Lawson comes into the world on Friday. It was very surreal to know what is coming in the next few days, and we are so excited for her, knowing the crazy wonderfulness she is about to discover. HG was actually an angel at lunch. She sat next to me in the booth and behaved like a little lady. She ate almost all her turkey sandwich, chips, and fruit, and she hugged and loved on me all throughout our meal. She must have felt the need to be sweet to Mel and not show her what our normal reality is like!

After lunch, we checked out the playground at Central Park, and HG had fun running across the swinging bridge, climbing the steps, and swinging in the swing. We met Daddy, Spif, and Granddaddy for dinner, and she was pretty good then too. Full of hugs and blowing kisses to all! I know these kisses will not last forever, so I am eating up my little lovie dovie while it lasts!

CIMG6156 CIMG6157 CIMG6160 CIMG6161

No comments: