Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Let the Festivities Begin

So after we celebrated Spif’s birthday, we still had Granddaddy’s around the corner! A ton of the Moores, Toohigs, and the MVP Philbin met for brunch on Sunday to celebrate all of our September birthdays, and we enjoyed visiting with Amy and Sharon who were in town from Florida. Helen Grace finally became Sharon’s BFF when Sharon offered to take her for a walk o-u-t-s-i-d-e. We met at Big League, a sports bar by night but fab brunch spot by morning. The Bud Light stage from the night before was still out in the parking lot, and HG had a big ole time climbing up the stairs, sitting on the edge of the stage, and dangling her feet.

Then, we celebrated Granddaddy’s birthday last night over dinner at Old Venice. Spif and Granddaddy picked HG up from Grandma’s and met John and me there after work. We have a new HG fave- Pasta Maria. She went nuts over it and ate as much as I would give her. I had to ask the waiter how in the heck I could make the sauce because she loved it so much. She had a ball playing with Spif’s angel hair pasta too…yet another thing that surprises me about watching my mom as a grandmother. Neither one of us would typically be one to let someone else make a mess- especially of our food- but my mom just loved it and let HG figure out how to twirl the noodles. :)  The hostess gave HG some crayons and a coloring book page, and we decided to see how she would do…and she loved coloring with Crayons! She held them very well, didn’t make a mess, and only stuck them in her mouth a time or two. I was a master color-er back in the day, so I’m excited about this new activity!

I’m getting geared up for my BIG birthday on Friday. I’m very nervous about seeing my desk tomorrow. I’ve been warned by a coworker that there might have been some activity going on there today in preparation for my being there tomorrow…scary!

Brunch at Big League for our family’s birthdaysP1000829 P1000830 SAM_0677 SAM_0678SAM_0683 SAM_0686 SAM_0687 Dinner for Granddaddy at Old VeniceCIMG6079photo SAM_0693CIMG6084-2 CIMG6086 First time coloring with Crayons

CIMG6089

No comments: