Saturday, July 3, 2010

Night Night, Rebel

Tonight, HG and I went through our normal bedtime routine. We got in our pjs and headed toward the rocker in her room. After we read a book together, I turned the lights off and started her lullaby CD. As soon as she got snuggled in and settled down, wouldn’t you know that the door cracked open, spilling light across the room, and in pranced Rebel cat. Argg. Of course, Helen Grace rolled over in my arms to see him. I had to laugh a little because he sprawled out in the floor like he owned the place, so I said, “Helen Grace, tell Rebel, ‘Night Night.’” And sure enough, she waved at him! So funny. I love seeing her brain process things. For a few minutes after that, she just laid in my lap. She wasn’t fighting sleep, but she simply lay there looking at me and ‘talking’ to Lovie. At one point, she reached up and patted my shoulder and then pulled my face down to her for a kiss. Priceless moments.

No comments: