Sunday, July 18, 2010

Be Careful

Be careful what you say…Helen Grace can now understand almost everything you say. This weekend, HG and my mom were looking through a photo album. My mom pointed to a picture of the two of them and saw there was glitter or something on the photo. She said, “Helen Grace, there’s something on my nose,” and HG leaned over and touched her real nose- not the one in the pic! Also, yesterday, Helen Grace and I were sitting in the car waiting on John to buy a pair of shoes. She was playing with her feet, and I jokingly asked her if she were going to put her feet in her mouth…and what did she do but put her feet right in her mouth!!! And earlier today, I asked Helen Grace were her daddy was. She gave me the “I don’t know” shrug, and I told her he was in the shower and asked if she could go get him…and off she went toward the bathroom. I just can’t get over how neat this phase is! She can’t quite tell you what she wants yet, but she is definitely understanding what we say.CIMG5631 CIMG5633

Helen Grace also experienced her first real sip of Coke today. She loves to play like she is sucking on straws, but she actually figured it out today when practicing with my Coke. She promptly spit it out all over her shirt, so obviously, she doesn’t like it was much as I do. Let’s hope it stays that way.

Another new development…she has started opening her mouth like a little birdie for medicine. Where she used to throw a fit when you even came near her with the dropper, she now will stop what she’s doing and open up. Let’s hope she continues to be fascinated by this!

Tonight as I was rocking HG and trying to put her to sleep, she was really restless and being a monkey. I stood up and put her in her crib, and she just lost it. She turned on the crocodile tears and reached up and grabbed hold of my arms. Well, what mama can say no to that?? I picked her up again, and she just clung to me and laid her head on my shoulder. I sat back down in her rocker, and she pulled her head up, planted a big kiss on my lips, and then tucked her head right back into my shoulder. I can’t tell how much I love being a mama.

No comments: