Sunday, June 13, 2010

Precious Moments

To be fair to Helen Grace, I ought to point out that for every little fit that she has thrown lately, she gives ten sweet cuddles, so we feel very loved. I had to share these precious moments from today with you.

Early this morning, I was laying on the couch while she was running around playing at the crack of dawn. She came up to the couch and wanted to get up there with me, so I pulled her up and sat her with her back to me so that we were both facing the tv. She leaned over and laid her face against my face. I put my arms around her, and we just laid like that for a few quiet minutes. That surely makes the lack of sleep worth it!

Believe it or not, we ate in every meal at our house today (although we did run to Sonic for a cold treat, but that doesn’t count, does it?), so I spent a lot of time in the kitchen. Half of that time, Helen Grace was either doing laps around me or literally hanging on to my legs, squeezing with all her might. She is the best cuddler!

Tonight we were playing with her baby doll, and she was loving on it and giving it kisses. I asked her to give me a kiss, and she leaned over and gave me a big ole, wet open-mouth kiss. I said, “Helen Grace, that was so sweet! Can I have another one?!” She laughed, leaned back in to me, and burped right in my face! Oh, the joys!

CIMG5414 CIMG5415

1 comment:

Laura@OutnumberedMom said...

She is beautiful! Just happened upon your blog tonight. Come on over for some mom inspiration and encouragement.