Saturday, June 12, 2010

Busy Bees

This week has been a blur! I’m enjoying a surprisingly long naptime, so I’ll get right to it.

Wednesday, Helen Grace and I stopped by my office to surprise a friend at work for her birthday and then met a great friend for lunch. Then, she spent the afternoon tearing up the house and grabbing my finger and dragging me everywhere. Life’s pace has picked up quite a bit around here! Wednesday night we caught up with Uncle CB and Emily over dinner. Helen Grace thoroughly enjoyed her new favorite food, cantaloupe, and I’m still working on getting the juice stain out of her top. I have a feeling that motherhood will teach me many things, including some cleaning secrets!

Thursday night, Helen Grace met Aunt Brandy (and Frankie Grace) for dinner. HG was sound asleep when we arrived and slept on Brandy’s shoulder for the first half of the meal. She eventually woke up though and was the life of the party as usual.

Friday, Helen Grace had her first eye exam. A few months ago, we thought there might be a little turning of one eye, and at my yearly eye exam, he took  a look at her eyes. He couldn’t get a good look, so we set up an appointment to come back around her birthday. They were smart to have a tv in the exam room for kiddos and a video that played a singing dog puppet, a dancing penguin, etc., so she was pretty much entertained for the visit. She thought Dr. Powelson was playing peek-a-boo with her though as he shone the light in her eyes, so she was just laughing and flirting with him! Everything looked great and healthy, so we are relieved that all is well.

Then, we took lunch to our friends, Emily and Ann Maxwell Coats, and had a great time eating, chatting, and playing together. The girls are at a fun age now where they can really play together on their own and ‘talk’ to each other. Well, actually Ann Maxwell CAN talk to HG, and Helen Grace just jabbers back to her! And of course, their independence means that the mamas can really have a true visit!

Later that afternoon, we dropped my parents off at the airport for their vacation to Seattle. Even as I approach 30, it still doesn’t seem right for my parents to vacation without me! ;) Helen Grace hadn’t napped all day, and wouldn’t you know that she fell asleep right before we got to my parents’ house and slept through their entire ride to the airport! I know my mom was just willing her to wake up so she could love on her. I even gave her permission to pinch her, but she didn’t do it.

We rounded off the day with a trip to a friend’s house to get Helen Grace’s one-year handprints made. She wasn’t as willing to be still this year as she was at three weeks like last year! Shocker, I know. Years from now, I’m looking forward to having my Christmas tree full of handprint ornaments from each year.

Enjoy the week in pics…

I just can’t take enough of these kinds of pictures. My little sleeping angel…CIMG5359 Rebel is very thankful for the baby gate.CIMG5360 The pic is a little fuzzy, but you can see her molars now when she smiles really big!CIMG5361 Her shoe fetish continues…CIMG5363 We had a great time playing with Ann Maxwell and her mommy!CIMG5364 CIMG5365 CIMG5368 Goodbye kissesCIMG5369 Run, Rebel, run!CIMG5372 She loves to play outside on the porch now. She has really taken to the table my parents gave her, and she will sit in the chair like a big girl and blow bubbles/chew on the stick. :)CIMG5378

No comments: