Saturday, May 8, 2010

Zoo Baby

Wednesday morning, we met our FTM buddies at the zoo. Good thing we went mid-morning because it was HOT. (I believe my car said 85 degrees as we left around noon.) The zoo gets more entertaining every time we go as Helen Grace gets more alert and attentive. We were able to catch the sea lion show this time, which I thought was really cool, but I think Helen Grace was more excited by waving and pointing to little Claire sitting next to us! It was nice to just stroll around and catch up with our friends.

When we wrapped up at the zoo, I knew we were close to Helen Grace’s nap time, but I had so many errands to run to get ready for our trip this coming week. I decided to try and run a few and see if I could get away with it. We ran into Sears to return a Lands End swimsuit (who knew you could do that?!), and she was patient enough to let me try one on, but then she let me know that I was pushing her too far and she was HUNGRY. We were right there next door to Davis Kidd, so we high tailed it over there for food. Several weeks ago, I was there for a lunch meeting, and I saw a mama and her daughter having a little lunch date. I remember my heart just aching for my baby and to be able to do that with her. So this was a very special event for the two of us. They were great to us too- brought her a book to play with while we waited for my food and lots of napkins! She was a hit with all the little old ladies too. One couple came up to us after they finished their meal and said, “We wondered if Queen Elizabeth was sitting over here with all this fan club!” Haha, too funny. We also picked up Laura Bush’s book and a copy of Goodnight Moon on our way out. GREAT DAY!

John was out of town for a business trip Monday through Wednesday. I really only had to worry about getting the two us both clean, dressed, fed, and out the door on time on Tuesday morning (since I was off on Wed). I got up very early to make sure I was completely ready by the time Helen Grace woke up, and believe it or not, things went seamlessly. I was even able to make it to a 7:45 a.m. meeting EARLY. Watch out! Felt like SuperMom for the first time in my life!

When John got home after midnight on Wednesday night, he came in, threw his bags down, grabbed his pjs, and went running upstairs to give Helen Grace a kiss. He really missed his baby girl, and it was so sweet to watch him get all excited to see her when she woke up on Thursday morning. I love watching this father-daughter relationship from this side of life!

John and I celebrated our fourth wedding anniversary on Thursday, May 6th )hence, the midnight Wednesday arrival home from his trip). Sweet hubby! Looking forward to many, many more years of laughter and love!

Ready to go, Mama!CIMG4741Two little grizzlies, sitting in a tree, K-I-S-S-I-N-G!CIMG4745 CIMG4748 Watching the bears and chowing down on a snackCIMG4751 CIMG4753 CIMG4754 Can you see the FROG in his mouth?!CIMG4756 CIMG4757 Sea lion show!CIMG4760 CIMG4761 Graham, Emily, Callum, Jessica, Will, Cassie, Libby, LaurenCIMG4762 Emsley, Amy, Caroline, Doty, Bethany, ClaireCIMG4766 My little sweetie pieCIMG4764

No comments: