Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Speed Demon

I absolutely cherish my days with Helen Grace, and today did not disappoint, although it got off to a potentially rocky start. The day started out as usual with my walking into her room to see that adorable snaggle tooth grin and then getting a big ole hug from my girl and her Lovie. Another new morning tradition that we have is that while I am blow drying my hair, she will pull up on my legs and stand with me, holding on to my towel wrap. After I got myself together, we both found some breakfast, and then the nap fight began. She was exhausted but would not give in to sleep. I decided to go ahead and get in the car and head toward FTM. After strapping her in her seat (all the while she is screaming and whining from exhaustion) and then climbing in the front seat, I realized I had a half empty water bottle up front, so I turned it up to finish the last bit of water and moved to get out of the car to throw it away in the garage…and promptly smacked the bottle on the door frame. The bottle hit me hard in the lip/teeth, and the water in the bottle went all over my shorts and tshirt. Oooooh, Mylanta. Despite my normal reaction to throw a hissy fit (similar to the one my daughter was having in the backseat at the time), I heard the words from the Bible study I read last night (“When you pray to have your eyes open to ‘seeing’ God, you can truly see Him in every day things”) and felt God telling me to take a deep breath and just let the anger go. I stepped out of the car, shook off the water, had a good, quick cry, and got back in to start our day. Whew, I hope I am able to keep my eyes open to seeing and feeling those glimpses!

We enjoyed playing and visiting at FTM although I am noticing the amount of time spent chasing our babies increasing every week! Afterward, we came home for a quick lunch and then headed back out to run some errands. When we got home, I took out the walker that my parents recently shared with us. She loves the one at Grandma’s, so I wondered how she would like using one at our house. To say she went nuts was an understatement. I’m not sure if the cats will ever recover! I ran for the camera because she was going around and around and around the dining room table, chasing Rebel! The poor cat was plastered to the floor under the table, scared to bat an eye. She made loop after loop around the house at breakneck speeds- she was so funny and so happy! She has laughed and cackled all day today. I love those dimples!

No comments: