Sunday, April 11, 2010

Easter Egg Head

I have been so excited about showing Helen Grace her Easter basket. As a child, this was a tradition that I always looked forward to, and I couldn’t wait to see how HG would like hers. I had searched high and low for just the right things to fill her basket that were age appropriate and still fun for her. On Easter morning, we sat her down on the first step of the stairs and showed her the basket. She was really inquisitive about what was inside. She started digging in, and the purple light-up ducky was immediately a big hit. During all the excitement of checking out her basket, she had her left foot resting on the floor, and for some reason, I believed that she was balancing herself with her foot but…sadly I was wrong. In a split second, she lost her balance and did a face plant on the hardwood floor- gasp! She screamed although no tears luckily, but her forehead was left with a big ole red egg. After big hugs and kisses, she was up and at ‘em again and finished exploring her basket. Goodness gracious, what a first Easter memory!

IMG_9926IMG_9927See the foot…IMG_9928IMG_9929Notice the red egg on her forehead…but still a happy little bunny!IMG_9937IMG_9949IMG_9953IMG_9959

1 comment:

Mary said...

Awwww aren't you excited to see how they react when they're "grown up"? We used to leave our Sunday shoes out for the Easter Bunny to leave eggs in the them (I thought EVERYONE did this & apparently NO ONE does it) but I enjoyed the surprise of which eggs would be in my shoes so I still do it with the boys & Lilly. I LOVE traditions!