Sunday, April 25, 2010

Double Decker!

One of my favorite days of the year is Oxford’s Double Decker Festival. Obviously, Oxford is one of my top 5 favorite places in the world, and you just can’t beat strolling around the Square looking at art, pottery, jewelry, etc. and listening to bands on a beautiful spring day with your family and friends. You can count on running into old friends that you haven’t seen in years, and it’s always a great time. Since the weather was so nasty on Saturday, Double Decker was moved to Sunday, and the day definitely did not disappoint. Helen Grace definitely enjoyed her first Double Decker experience!

CIMG4668 Can you tell I’m a little giddy?CIMG4669 We ran into Doty and Caroline! My mom laughed and said that this surely wouldn’t be the last time these girls would run into each other shopping on the Square. :)CIMG4670 And Ashley Abide!! Man, it’s been forever (she now lives in Charleston, SC), but I was so glad to see her! (P.S. I am so sorry to be blinding you with my paleness in these pics.)CIMG4672 CIMG4673 CIMG4674 I’m trying to teach her to blow kisses, so I kiss her hand and then pull it away and blow them for her. She thinks it is HI-larious!CIMG4676 CIMG4677 Toward the end of the day when she started getting restless, the only thing that would entertain her was chewing on her shoe…hmmm. What mamas do sometimes to keep the peace, huh?IMG00106-20100425-1354SAM_0201

No comments: