Friday, March 5, 2010

Some New Firsts

Completely forgot to mention two big firsts from last week…

  • Last Monday was the first day that HG cried when John left with her to take her to Grandma’s. Oh, those crocodile tears totally broke my heart, and I couldn’t stop thinking about her all day. I called John later in the afternoon, and he said that she had stopped crying by the time she got to the car. Of course, I was much more traumatized than she was! And she was obviously in great hands with Grandma and Geggy. Arrgg, hormones!
  • Also, last Sunday, Helen Grace experienced her first car wash! I was worried she would freak out with the noise, but she enjoyed it. It was another one of those mommy moments where you’re glad there are no video cameras around to witness your crazy antics to keep your child happy!

Another cute thing she has been doing lately…when I pick her up out of her bed in the morning, she lays her head on my shoulder and gives me a little snuggle for a few minutes. Such a sweet moment and a great way to get the day started. Then, when we walk over to her changing table, she sees herself in the mirror, lights up at seeing the baby in the reflection, and waves like crazy!

I’m wondering if she has another tooth coming in because she has not been sleeping well. She is restless going down and then wakes up at 4:30 or 5:00 a.m. Zzzzzz Last night, she had a really stuffy nose, and I had to suction her nose twice throughout the night. That made her so mad and got her cranked up, so it was a challenge to get her back down. Kinda took me back to her newborn days wandering around a dark house in a middle-of-the-night daze with a baby in my arms!

I’ve been working on a little bit of a cold with a sore throat and cough, so today we skipped Kindermusik and a play date with the Orrs (sad!) to make sure we rest up and don’t get any other sweet babies sick. I hope we will feel better tomorrow and get OUTSIDE! The sun and blue sky I see out the window are BEAUTIFUL!

Look how this child fell asleep in my lap the other night. Doesn’t look comfy, but it sure does look cute!!!sleeping3 sleeping1 sleeping2 Of course, the most entertaining toys are the cheapest and most simple, right?CIMG4260 CIMG4261 CIMG4263

1 comment:

Mary said...

What exciting firsts for HG! I can't believe these children are growing up right before our eyes. Missed y'all today & hope you feel better soon!