Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Here a Sniff, There a Sniff

After the zoo on Saturday, my mom and I spent the afternoon at the spa. Yippee!! We each gave each other a spa package  for Christmas (great minds think alike), so we used them together. I got a massage while she got a facial, then met for lunch in the relaxation room, and finished off the day with manis and pedis together. What a treat! I can’t remember the last time that my mama and I spent that much time together alone. We ought to do that more often- I felt physically and emotionally refreshed (although I couldn’t breathe through my nose very well). :)

Sunday morning, my busy Saturday activities took their affect on my beginnings of a cold, and I spent the day in bed, sniffling and coughing and being pretty much miserable. I followed John’s advice and put myself into a Nyquil coma, and John took HG off to grandparents’ houses to keep her away from my germs. But when I finally came out of my room on Sunday night to see her for a little bit, it appeared the damage was done. She was stuffy and had a little cough going on. She woke up a time or two during the night, and since she felt warm, we went straight to the doctor’s office on Monday morning.

It turns out that my sweet baby girl had TWO ear infections and a fever of 101.5!!!! OMG!!! My germs had not kept to themselves, and of course, I couldn’t keep my sweet kisses away from her. We went straight to Walgreens to get her script for antibiotics filled, and it made me so sad when the pharmacist told me that they didn’t have her on record…this was the first time Walgreens had ever filled a prescription for her- and it’s all my fault! :(

Monday night was RIDICULOUS. I wanted to keep her upright as much as possible to keep the fluid from building up in her ears, so I tried to create a pallet in our bed for us to prop up on while John settled on the couch. Apparently, little miss priss is a thrasher during the night, and after a few bruised ribs, a black eye, and NO sleep, I took her to her own bed around 2:30 a.m. She gave me about an hour and a half of sleep, and then she was back up. What a wild ride!

In the morning, her fever was down to 99 degrees, and John and I staggered into work on Tuesday, bleary-eyed. I worked half a day and then drove to Oxford for Founders Day, which turned out very nicely. I got home around 9 p.m. to find John and Helen Grace passed out on the couch. We put her to bed and crashed. She only woke up twice last night- once with a stuffy nose and once with coughing- so I count that as a success! And I must mention another first I witnessed in the wee hours of the morning…I found Helen Grace SITTING up in her crib. Twice. Scary!

Today, she was smiling again, although still a little fussy, but she seems on the road to recovery. She is very hoarse though, and she freaks out anytime you go near her face. I think we’ve scarred her as we’ve constantly either been wiping her nose, suctioning her nose, or squirting some nasty medicine in her mouth!

We went for a walk today to get some fresh air, and we saw lots of geese and duckies.CIMG4316CIMG4322 Playing with her daddy tonight before bedtimeCIMG4324

1 comment:

Susan said...

She is just so darn cute!