Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Frolicking in the Garden

The weather was beautiful again today, so after FTM and a visit to see Da Da at work, we headed out to the Botanical Garden with our friends to play! I love seeing the trees starting to show some green, and the tulips are in full bloom. Silly me didn’t think to bring sun screen or a hat (I know, shame on me), but I promise to be a good mommy and add them to our diaper bag staples now. Thankfully, we didn’t stay in the direct sun too much, and she doesn’t seem to be sunburned. What a great day with friends!

So she doesn’t look like me at all other than her blue eyes, but she does scrunch her nose like I do when I get tickled! And as a side note, my car keys have become the ‘go to’ toy when she is having a meltdown. I don’t know what it is about them that she loves, but hey, it works!CIMG4506CIMG4509We noticed that she would hold up her foot rather than let it touch the ground. Don’t let that fool you into thinking that she’s a total girly girl though. She continuously tried to eat sticks and leaves!CIMG4513Kelly and Grant, Cassie and Will, Jessica and Callum, Ashley and Tyler, and Amy and Emsley- sweet friends!CIMG4515 Jessica kept HG entertained with a game where she would put the ball on her head and act like she was sneezing. She would say, “A-choo!” and drop the ball.CIMG4517 This game kept Helen Grace in stitches for the longest time!CIMG4518 I loved these purple tulips and tried to get a photo of Helen Grace in front of them. As you can tell from the next few pics, it was a pretty fruitless endeavor.CIMG4524Tried to bribe her with her Kindermusik egg. Didn’t work.CIMG4527 And she’s done.CIMG4528Will, HG, Emsley, Tyler, and Callum- poor Grant was smart to not participate in this photo shoot. I’m scared the big kids would have clobbered him!CIMG4536Watching the big boys trying out the worm holes. “Hmm, do I want to try this?”CIMG4543”Yes, I think I will! It’s really fun!”CIMG4548

1 comment:

Mary said...

AWWWWWWW! How cute! I'm so sad we missed all the fun. Oh well, there better be a next time! Love the pics!