Saturday, February 6, 2010

Week In Review

Helen Grace is really perfecting her raspberries and loves making her kissy fish face. I was able to capture some of these on video this week, but please ignore all the silly noises I am making in the background. ;)CIMG4121

Helen Grace had her first big girl bath this week in our bathtub. She is such a water baby and loves to splash. Of course, her favorite toy is the CUP!CIMG4126CIMG4127 She is standing up so well and really pulling up on us as well as some furniture. Looks like our life is about to drastically change! We are going tomorrow to pick up a new entertainment center that will let us put all of our electronic stuff and cords behind glass. I hope we will also be able to lower her crib mattress tomorrow too. I’m terrified we’re going to find her standing in her crib one morning! Also, Helen Grace has been quite the trooper this week as she has come along to two shopping trunk shows with me (and Spif, Whitney, Doty, and Mrs. Pam too- we caused quite the scene). She is a born shopper!CIMG4131 We’ve pulled out all the ‘touch’ books this week, and Helen Grace has had a BIG time feeling all the textures. EVERY time she sees the mirror in this book, she grabs the book, pulls it to her face, and gloms the mirror!CIMG4138 On Friday, Helen Grace pulled my thumb into her mouth, and not only did I feel the two sharp little teeth on the bottom, I also felt one on the TOP! I could feel all the little edges on it, so it seems like it’s already through her gum. That explains the crazy drooling and sleeping habits the last few days/weeks. Also, today while she was throwing a fit, I lifted her lip to take a peek…and found ANOTHER tooth on top! So we have TWO new teeth!

Our first little FTM friends are starting to turn ONE this month, so we went to celebrate with Callum this afternoon. It’s so neat to see these little babies getting so big! Happy first birthday, Callum! However, I am beginning to worry that we have a little bully on our hands with little Miss Thang. The first pic of HG below on the little scooter is a great representation of her energy level during the party, and anytime one of the babies would crawl within her grasp, she would grab their clothes or hair and lunge toward them. I’m hoping we can soon teach her the meaning of ‘gentle’ or else we might be signing up for some manners classes! ;)

CIMG4139 CIMG4142 CIMG4143 A funny story from this week…I was taking a shower on Friday morning, and I had set HG up on a pallet in the floor of our bathroom, right in front of my closet door. Rebel loves to nap in my closet, and while I was peeking out of the shower to check on HG, I saw his little head pop out of the door. When HG saw him, she yelled and lunged toward him, arms and hands open wide, and his head ducked back in the door. A few seconds later, he got brave again and tried to make an escape, but she squealed and lunged at him again. And this went on and on and on until he finally got the courage to make a mad dash past the screaming baby girl to get away! I was doubled over laughing and so wished I could have captured this little dance on video!

A highlight of our week was our 8-month photo shoot with Jennifer Carroll on the Collierville Square on Wednesday afternoon, which also happened to be the only decent day of weather in a long time. Jen is so talented and does a great job. Check out HG’s pics here. Enter sha@desha.org as the email address.

2 comments:

the harrison family said...

LOVE the pictures! HG is such a doll! amazing! i know you're a proud momma. :)

Angela said...

I love that little green outfit she has on! Adorable!!