Tuesday, February 16, 2010

TMI

TMI = Too Much Information

Consider this your warning- this is a blog only a mama could love.

When we all got home from work and Grandma Daycare tonight, we took Helen Grace straight to the bathtub. I finally remembered to get her fun little bathtub toys out of her closet, and she just had a BLAST with so many things to play with in the tub! CIMG4199 CIMG4201 After her bath, we got her bundled up in her pjs, and the two of us got settled on the couch for her bedtime bottle. She drank almost all 7 oz., and then I heard my work cell phone ring in our bedroom. My coworker and I had been working on scheduling an interview right before her bath, so I hopped up with HG on my hip to grab the phone. On the way across the den, I heard her burp a little, but by the time I got to the doorway between the den and our room, she let out the loudest burp I had ever heard…and the WHOLE BOTTLE spews all across the hardwood floor, the corner of the rug, my feet, and all over her pjs, face, and hands. I started screaming for John, and the stench of formula was almost making me gag! I couldn’t move without making an even bigger mess, so John ran to get some towels while he was doubled over laughing. HG and I both had to strip down and start all over with new pjs. While HG was sitting on our bed in her diaper, she got that funny look on her face and started grunting. REALLY?!?! That was the worst diaper I have ever changed too. How could such awful stuff come out of both ends of her and she was still giggling? I am still shaking my head over the huge amount of liquid that came out of that little body! I wonder if I disturbed something in her belly when I hopped up to get the phone or if she gagged somehow?? Anywho, we finally got her cleaned up and redressed, and after 4 more oz., she has conked out. I don’t think I will ever walk across that part of our den without giggling a little bit…and smelling formula!

2 comments:

Morgan Holt said...

Girl, if you only knew how many times Emmersen did that to us! Not only that but around 2 years of age, she blew chunks of hotdog all over Dean's face! He couldn't open his mouth to ask for help and I was too busy laughing to grab him a towel! HA HA! We've definitely had our share of spewing formula and it's crazy how that smell with stick with you! We used to lay towels down where we were feeding her just to make sure we didn't have to clean up the entire floor. She did it so often! Glad she finally got a little on her stomach so she could sleep. :)

Stephanie said...

I don't know...that sounds kind of like stomach flu to me (guess that depends on whether it continued thru the night!). Either that, or Grandma fed her something she wasn't quite ready to have yet! Grandmas are notorious for that... :-)