Friday, February 26, 2010

Let Chaos Reign

On Thursday night, I had a Delta Gamma alum meeting, so John picked up Helen Grace from Grandma’s and got her home, fed, and into bed. When I got home, I went straight to bed to watch the Olympic women’s figure skating, and John was in the den watching a movie. HG started fussing so John went upstairs to check on her, and she was CRAWLING IN HER BED!! He started yelling into the monitor for me to get up there fast, so I go flying out of bed to see what was the matter only to find her in her bed on her hands and knees and rocking back and forth. Come to find out that Jeanne told John when he picked her up that night that she would be shocked if HG weren’t crawling by the end of the weekend. At Jeanne’s on Thursday, she had been working on getting her hands and feet to be more coordinated, and sure enough, she was practicing in her bed that night!!!!

We had her nine-month check-up this morning (a separate post on that to come), went to Kindermusik, and then had a fun lunch with Jessica and Callum. When we got home, we laid out in the den floor, and wouldn’t you know she started scooting around  and she never stopped. It’s just so unreal!!  She does a good bit of backward scooting and crawling, but some of it has forward motion too. I have videotaped ALL AFTERNOON. John has made so much fun of me and says that you have to fast forward at least 30 minutes until you see her do something, but I was just so excited to try to capture her getting up into the crawling position. She does it so fast that I had a hard time getting it on camera. Today she also pulled herself up from the floor to a standing position on our ottoman in the den several times with no help from me and no hanging onto my clothes. I was sitting beside her, watching with my jaw on the ground at how easily she can now get her feet under her and pull herself up.

Our world has dramatically changed in an instant!!! She seems to get more coordinated and more confident with every minute, so I have a feeling that our weekend is going to be spent chasing after her. :)

Here are some pics from our afternoon, and as soon as I comb through our video footage, I’ll post those too.

“Look what I can do all by myself now!”CIMG4248 CIMG4247

1 comment:

Cassie & Joey said...

just get ready it never stops once they learn they can get around on their own we are actually in the climg over under and through everything stage right now.