Sunday, February 14, 2010

All You Need Is Love

Whew, it’s been a busy few days! Our social calendar has been packed, but we’ve had some really fun time together.

Helen Grace was excited to attend her first OBHS Soccer Banquet Thursday night, and she was a complete angel. As soon as we walked in the door, Christy Magnifico, one of the girls John has coached for several years, grabbed her and hung on to her around all night- and even passed her around the entire Magnifico family. I had worried how John and I were going to eat with her in our lap, so this was really a nice relief to have Helen Grace entertained. HG loved the slideshow with the music and pictures and was even quiet during the boys’ team awards (although I tried to pry HG out of Christy’s grandmother’s arms before the awards started but she wouldn’t let her go). HG finally started getting fussy around 7:30, right before John started the girls’ awards, so we slipped out so that we didn’t disturb Daddy’s presentation. soccer banquetCIMG4175After Kindermusik on Friday, Helen Grace and I met Gina Roman and her kiddos, Brandon and Jane, for lunch at Chick-fil-A. Helen Grace was a pretty sweet playmate that day, and I was happy to get some pics of the girls ‘talking’ to each other. I got brave and let Helen Grace try some chicken nuggets, strawberries, and Mandarin oranges. She makes awful faces- I guess getting used to the texture- and she ate all but the oranges. Since I ate so many Mandarin oranges when I was pregnant, I thought she would love them, but she turned her nose up and wouldn’t open her mouth at all! She showed me who’s boss, huh?! CIMG4177 CIMG4176

Friday night, Brandy and I had a girls’ night out with dinner at Olive Garden and a movie, “Valentine’s Day.” It was so nice to catch up and eat my own food with my hands free, and I enjoyed a night with one of my oldest (longest time- not age) friends. How refreshing to be reminded that some of the best things in life never change!

Saturday we celebrated our friend Isaac’s first birthday. I love seeing how babies react to cake and icing, and I’m looking forward to seeing what Helen Grace will do. She tends to put her hands in her food (although that drives me and my OCD over the edge), so I really see her getting into it.

Happy Valentine’s Day!! We had a family Valentine’s brunch this morning (Sunday) at Mesquite Chop House to celebrate. Spif is feeling awful though and couldn’t come, and it just wasn’t the same without her. The show must go on though, so we enjoyed our time with Google, Bubba, Grandma, and Geggy. Helen Grace wore the dress that I started smocking months ago but Bubba had to finish for me (so that she could wear it before outgrowing it). She was a busy bee and wanted to be carried around, so we all took turns entertaining her. After brunch, John and I dropped her off at Grandma’s and took a THREE HOUR NAP. WOW. I did some laundry and dishes too before she got home. I hate to send her off like that, but man, I feel like a new woman after getting caught up on sleep and chores. We’ve had a relaxing night watching the Olympics, and I believe she has fallen in my footsteps in loving figure skating- yay! She just laid in my lap and watched intently. Gotta love my cuddly baby girl! Here are some pics from our Valentine’s breakfast…

She loves to bounce on her Daddy’s knee.CIMG4181She got way too close to the camera, but I love the little smile and crossed eyes! She’ll kill me when she’s older for posting this. :)CIMG4182 And of course, John had to put her upside down…for the sake of showing of her top teeth, of course.CIMG4186My sweet baby girlCIMG4187 She really wanted Bubba’s bracelets.CIMG4189And the wave has come back in full force. She is waving all the time now- it is so cute!- and she has also started pointing a little bit.CIMG4190Daddy’s little girl  CIMG4192 Oh, how she loves tummy tickles from Daddy! She was just cackling- wish I could have caught it on video.CIMG4193She is learning to defend herself. She can really grab Daddy’s hair!CIMG4195

No comments: