Saturday, January 9, 2010

What’s That White Stuff??

We woke up Thursday morning to fund Helen Grace’s first SNOW! It was truly just a minor dusting, half an inch at best, so life went on as normal and Mama had to go on into work as usual. John snapped a quick pic as we left the house.CIMG4007Thursday night, John and I went to dinner at Andrew Michael with his work group for an end of the year celebration. My parents picked HG up from Ms. Jeanne’s house, brought her back to our house, fed her, and got her to bed- after she just jumped her heart out in the jumperoo. We are so blessed to have parents who are so willing to take care of our child at all hours of the day and night and also to have a baby that is so easy-going and happy to be with our family.

Friday didn’t bring any more snow, but it did bring FRIGID temperatures. Since we have another week or so until Kindermusik starts up for the spring semester, HG and I had nowhere to go- yippee! We stayed in our pajamas all day and didn’t leave the house. Helen Grace is still feeling clingy after our trip to Dallas, so she was literally attached to my hip or lap every minute of the day. She couldn't even sit across from me on the floor. She had to sit directly next to me or in my lap. While that makes even the slightest thing around the house a little more difficult to do, it was nice to feel needed. I love to pass by her and watch her immediately raise her arms up to me to be picked up- and I’m obviously very willing to grab her up!CIMG4009CIMG4010If you have ever wondered how I have time to blog or respond to emails, this is how I work most nights. John took this pic Friday night, but he could take an identical pic tonight!IMG_0091Also, Helen Grace’s addiction to all things electronic has gotten to an all new level. The minute she catches a glimpse of a cell phone, remote, house phone, etc. within her reach, she throws her full body toward it. And beware if you try to take it away from her! She has begun throwing fits when she can’t hold it. She will arch her back, throw her head back, and scream at the top of her lungs. Wow, I think we are in trouble!

Wednesday night, our First Time Moms group had our first moms only dinner. We love spending time together on Wednesday mornings with our babies, but we are constantly trying to make sure our babies don’t fall over, changing a diaper, feeding them, or trying to run after the older babies. How nice to have our hands and minds free and just TALK! I’m already looking forward to our next dinner and continuing to learn more about these amazing women! As I walked out the door of Old Venice after dinner, I realized I had gotten a text from John around 8:45 p.m. that read, “Baby girl’s asleep. If you call the house phone and wake her up, you will need to find another place to sleep.” HAHAHAHA, I laughed all the way home and did NOT call home to tell him I was on my way.

And finally, I remembered a funny story about the pics of Larry and HG in my last post from New Year’s Eve at Corky’s. Larry was holding her, and he was holding his hand out to her and she was putting her hand in his and playing with his fingers. And then all of a sudden, she GRABBED his finger and pulled it quick as lightning to her mouth! Such a little sneak! That’s what he was laughing about in one of those pics.

This week will be busy for me at work, but Helen Grace and I are looking forward to making a quick day trip to Jackson next Saturday for Leighton Thomas’ first birthday party! Hopefully, we can even meet sweet little Emory Hastings Wren too!

1 comment:

Summer said...

Too funny! Ryan is doing to same thing! He also has an addiction to my iphone and the tv remote control. and does not like it when he can't have it or it's taken away!