Friday, November 20, 2009

What’s Up, Doc?

Here’s our yesterday and today in pictures… Do you think I might have a photo addiction? I’m getting a little worried…

You would think that Helen Grace had experienced Newk’s sweet tea or dinking out of a straw from the way she came across the table to get her hands on Daddy’s cup…hmm…wonder where she learned that?CIMG3508CIMG3509

When John kissed HG goodbye this morning, I heard him laugh out loud through the monitor. He said it was worth my getting out of bed to see for myself…CIMG3510

Getting ready to go to her 6 mos  appt, playing with her new favorite toys, her feet.CIMG3514

6 Month Check UpCIMG3516 16 lbs 6 oz (80th perc), 25.5 in (60th perc), head is 90th percCIMG3519

Relaxing with Rebel after her morning of shots. CIMG3523

I’m tired of trying to feed her “real food” in my lap, so I thought I would finally pull the highchair out of the box and see if she could sit up in it alright. Other than her mama not quite being able to figure out the tray, she did very well! She was so much more entertained when she could see everything, and I’m sure she feels more independent. Of course, she loved the applesauce and wanted to hold her bottle all by herself.CIMG3525CIMG3529CIMG3531CIMG3532

Helen Grace was in pain this morning after her shots but seems to be doing better tonight, just little whimpers every now and then. She took a long nap early in the day, got up to play for most of the afternoon, and is out again now. She is sleeping in my lap as I type this one-handed (yeah, yeah, the new sleeping protocol goes out the window when my baby is hurting), and earlier I leaned down and kissed her forehead. Even though she was trying to hold her paci in her sleepy little pout, a smile spread across her face. I love being a mama more than words can ever explain!!