Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Happy Feet & Sweet Potatoes

Helen Grace has found her feet! Ms. Jeanne has told me that she has been holding onto both of them, but I hadn’t seen it until today…and now she’s wearing them out!

In our pjs this morningCIMG3482After a long day of socializing and enjoying sweet potatoesCIMG3499

Today we have been busy! This morning, we dropped off groceries at the House of Grace shelter while on a Girls Inc. conference call. Now that was complicated, I have to admit, but thank goodness, HG was happy through all of it. Then we went to hang out with our mommy and baby friends at FTM and finally onto lunch at Ridgeway Country Club with Whitney, Mrs. Graham, and Mrs. Powell. Helen Grace enjoyed her first Delta Gamma ladies’ lunch, although I kept apologizing for her volume. She normally will sit quietly in my lap and usually falls asleep during lunches, but she was wound up today. As she would laugh, squeal, and even fuss a little, they kept telling me that the noise usually only bothers the mama- and yes, it was majorly stressing me out! Whitney and Mrs. Graham kept her entertained and honestly seemed to love playing with her. I’m lucky to have sweet friends. :)

Not sure if HG’s feeling a little distant from this new sleep technique or just tired, but she has been very clingy and fussy today, which is fine by me. We came home after our busy day and crashed on the couch for a while. She was happy as long as she was in my lap and had my total attention. With it being a cold, dreary day, there was no place I would have rather been than right there cuddling with my precious baby girl. It’s amazing how my heart just feels like it’s going to explode when she looks up at me and gives me that little toothless, lopsided smile!

We finished off the afternoon with some yummy sweet potatoes. She’s started doing this adorable birdy-mouth thing. She’ll open her mouth when she’s ready for another bite- so dang cute!! And she at least does something like her mama…the girl loves sweet potatoes. So far, she’s been really good about eating anything you give her, although I’m sure that will change in the next few years. I’m already dreading her being old enough to ask why mommy and daddy aren’t eating any of the stuff that she has to eat.  “Ummm…because we are the grown-ups….???”CIMG3487CIMG3489CIMG3490CIMG3491

Last night, we had a little more difficult time getting to bed. I gave her a bottle, we read a book, we rocked for a few minutes, and then I put her in her bed. She entertained herself for a few minutes, and then the squall began. After it went on for about 25 minutes, I went back in and picked her up. All it took was a few minutes rocking, and baby girl was OUT. I think I should have gotten her a little more sleepy before putting her down. Tonight, I held her until she was kind of out of it, and then put her on her side in her bed. I haven’t heard a peep from her since. YAY! Maybe this will be the compromise…let her get pretty sleepy (rather than tired but awake) but still put her in bed before she conks out. Whew, parenting is HARD! Don’t even get me started on the struggles of deciding on the swine flu vaccine- ahahahah!! <<pulling out my hair>>

Before bedtime tonightCIMG3500CIMG3501

3 comments:

Angela said...

so are you getting the vaccine? Still haven't decided here...

Stephanie said...

I'm so glad the sleeping is going so well...listening to them crying is heart-wrenching, and 5 mins seems like an hour!

Summer said...

Too funny, Ryan just found his feet today, ha! It's the cutest thing to watch him play with his feet!