Thursday, November 5, 2009

Green Beans

We’ve had a great week with Baby Girl, although emotionally tough. Several dear friends have lost their sweet grandmamas this week, so I have been holding HG extra close and trying to spend some good time with my family. Our hearts go out to Lindsey, Em, and the Magnificos. We are praying for strength and comfort for them as they get through these next few days and weeks.

We started off November with a lazy morning in bed. Please forgive my rat’s nest of a hair-do, but John couldn’t resist capturing this moment. Helen Grace was sacked OUT! Being a cute little butterfly was VERY exhausting.CIMG3385We then went to Sunday lunch at Bubba’s, and Helen Grace wore an outfit Bubba made for her. Bubba can just sit there and stare at her for hours- I love watching them together!CIMG3388Last night we felt adventurous…CIMG3394We tried green beans!!!  She had been eating rice cereal (either plain or with bananas in it) for a few days, and I was bored stiff. The green beans really went over fine. She wasn’t overly thrilled, but she did eat about half the thing. The only difficult part was that she felt the need to guide the spoon herself, so we had a slight battle for authority at times. :) CIMG3400CIMG3401CIMG3402 

Still no more rolling, and I haven’t gotten to see it myself yet, but Grandma and Geggy said that she found her feet with her hands today! Can’t wait to see that this weekend- or maybe tomorrow at Kindermusik.  Also, you can tell in some of these pics that her hair is really starting to come in- kind of blondish, not so much red on top but it is still red in the back.

Busy weekend up ahead…I’m going to Tupelo to see Em tomorrow night for Grandmother’s visitation and then swinging by Oxford to get the DG’s on the buses and off to formal in Clarksdale. Saturday morning, John kicks off his OBHS soccer season with a tourney, while Moma, Daddy, HG, and I make a quick day trip to Jackson to see GG. I hope to spend Sunday on the couch, but it never quite works out that way. Maybe I can work on my smocking. I picked it up again this week to try to make some progress and had a brain freeze. Really, I think I have just lost my confidence since it’s been a while since I worked on it. So I got some help from my friend, Mary, and stopped by the Lace Cottage for a quick cheerleading session (and hope to get some insight from Bubba too), and now I feel like I can get back on the horse again. Keep your fingers crossed!

Happy weekend!

No comments: