Monday, October 12, 2009

Mama's Pity Party

Our sweet baby girl has rolled over at last! And Mama has missed it both times- bittersweet!

John laid her on her tummy on her play mat on Sunday, and as she was fighting it, she threw out her arms and over she went! She was on her back! I was downstairs and missed the whole thing.

This week, Jeanne and Peg are in Aruba, so my mom and dad are keeping Helen Grace today and tomorrow. Today, she was laying on her tummy on the couch napping, and she woke herself up as she rolled herself over to her back. And I sat at my desk at work, missing it AGAIN.

As soon as I got home tonight, I laid her down on the couch and pathetically sat on the floor next to her, calling her name and making faces, trying to do anything to get her to roll over toward me. But nothing. And then she was asleep within the hour. No dice for Mama. I am so sad I am yet to see my baby roll!

Update on Tuesday Morning: My mom sent me an email late last night after I published my post to clarify that she did not witness the roll either. (Aren't mamas always trying to make their babies feel better??) HG was in the crib upstairs taking a nap, and my mom heard some noise and went to check on her. She was laying on her back, just a smiling and giggling, with her foot propped up on the bumper pad. Such a ham! So far, just her daddy has witnessed it. Lucky dog!

No comments: