Friday, October 2, 2009

Bouncy, Bouncy, Bouncy

With Helen Grace being so independent now and wanting to sit up like a big girl and look around, we thought it was time to try a jumper. To be honest, I think I was more excited than she was! It arrived at our door yesterday, and John put it together and we dropped her in there. She looked at us like, “What? You just put me in here and then stand there and look at me? What is going on here?!” Since her legs were too short, we tried to put something underneath her to give her some support to push off of. She ended up not being very impressed with the jumping part, but she loved to gnaw and slobber on the pretty red seat.

This morning (after a wonderful time dancing around at our first Kindermusik class- so glad there weren’t cameras in there!), we tried it again. Mama found a shorter pillow so that she had more room to move her legs, and she really took to it. She was trying out her voice and her legs at the same time- watch out! She still loves to chew on the seat, but now she is actually jumping. I got some great video from it as well, but I had my camera turned up and down so I’ll post it when I figure out a way to watch it without turning your head to the side! :)

Take One: “What are you doing to me, Mama & Daddy??”CIMG3181Take Two: “Ok, I might could get used to this…”CIMG3189 “Yeah, I am digging this!!”CIMG3191 

Helen Grace was baptized last weekend!! Despite huge concerns with the MidSouth Fair being held next door to the church and with the constant rain for two weeks, the event went off without a hitch! Praise Jesus! Part of me hates that the fair hasn’t had the attendance that it had in Memphis, but on Saturday night at 5:00, I was elated that the traffic was nonexistent! Also, the rain finally cleared, and we saw blue skies! I had nightmares that HG would either spit up all over the priest or have a huge tantrum, but of course, she was a complete angel. My mom hosted a get-together afterward at her house, and we had such a good time enjoying each other and the beautiful weather. We asked Chad, a friend of Rachel Anglin’s, to come take pics for us so that we would have one major thing off our list. We are still waiting on the pics, so I will post more when I get them but here’s a preview…

CIMG3113CIMG3130

 

Off to the pumpkin patch tomorrow to take some fun, fall pictures! I can’t wait to get out in this wonderful weather and play with my family!

No comments: