Friday, October 9, 2009

Baby’s Boo Boos

CIMG3208

Four month check-up results:

  • Length:  25 inches (80th percentile- no wonder she doesn’t fit in any of her footie pjs!)
  • Weight:  14 lbs, 10 ounces (80th percentile- and this is for her actual age, not adjusted for her early birth, so we are so excited she has caught up with her age group)
  • Head:  43 1/4 cm (97th percentile- John has been teasing me relentlessly about this one since I have quite the round head- although we all know that her other parent has a “big” head too. At times like this, I am especially thankful that she was born via c-section.)

At our two month appointment, Helen Grace didn’t get too upset about her shots. She just spent the day curled up on my chest and was fine by that night. Today, at our four month check-up, she really took the second round of shots well, holding her daddy’s hand while her mama cowered in the corner. We got home and she took a hugely long nap, and then we got in a bath and a bottle and back down for another nap. Then hell broke loose. She woke up screaming, and for about 15 minutes, there was nothing I could do to calm her down for very long. After another dose of Tylenol, she finally calmed down and went back to sleep. And then woke up in another fit a few hours later. Being a first time mom, I, of course, had to call the doctor, but the nurse said it’s fine and that she is just much more aware of the pain now and is achy. It’s killing me as much as it is her! She is so cute and cuddly, but I know she is hurting. Poor baby! I never realized how much I squeezed her chubby little thighs until today, and I have to keep slapping my own hand so I don’t squeeze them out of habit and hurt her. The nurse also said tomorrow could be worse, but here’s to hoping that she proves them wrong!

After her bath…she puts EVERYTHING in her mouth.CIMG3213 Passed OUTCIMG3216

No comments: