Thursday, August 20, 2009

Back to Reality

It has been a busy week with my return to work, but we are slowly finding the balance between baby world and grown-up world. I’ve only gone through one box of Kleenex, much less than I expected. ;)  I think I can see a light at the end of the tunnel.  Here’s our week in pictures…

In her gator outfit for her friend Jackson’s birthday party while paying homage to Spiffer’s Greenbrook Gators!CIMG2689CIMG2692

We have conquered our first day of my going back to work with only Mama having a minor breakdown on Monday morning…Baby Girl was happy as a lark with her Grandma Jeanne and Geggy. John and HG bought me a very sweet “back-to-work” gift, a beautiful DY bracelet, although John gives HG all the credit for picking it out. ;)  On Tuesday, I asked John to drop her off for me at his mom’s so that I didn’t have to be responsible for the physical hand-over, and that arrangement worked MUCH better. On Thursday, I didn’t even cry as I said goodbye to her at home…maybe because I had all of Wednesday to cuddle with her and get my “fix.”  Here are some pics from Monday after we picked up HG. I literally didn’t put her down that night until I laid her in her crib for bedtime! Pathetic!1st day of work (2)1st day of work (3)

Doty invited us to come to a First Time Moms group, and we had a great time getting to visit with other moms and babies born in 2009. Caroline and Helen Grace got to capture their first picture together. The first time they met Caroline was asleep and HG was pitching a fit, but they were much more cooperative at this meeting! It was neat to look around the room and watch a 4-month old and 6-month old and get excited about all the new things to come- sitting up, attempting to talk, etc.  As much as I can’t wait for those fun stages, I have to admit that I loved sitting there, rocking and cuddling my baby who was content to be held. I think I will be a little sad when she’s ready to get out of my lap and run away from me to go play! :)CIMG2699CIMG2698

All tuckered out!CIMG2717

Helen Grace has become extremely alert and loves to smile and laugh. She’s trying out her voice a lot more now, and I love it when she surprises herself with the noise! She’s close to being able to hold a rattle. She will reach for it but hasn’t gotten the grasp part down yet. She weighs almost 12 pounds!

We are making our first day trip to Jackson, MS, on Saturday to introduce Helen Grace to my grandmama, GG, and to celebrate Adickes Thomas’ 3rd birthday (wow, she’s grown up fast!). Please pray that HG will sleep the whole way and be content. She can’t wait to see her aunties and visit with family!

No comments: