Thursday, June 11, 2009

Busy Second Week

Helen Grace has been with us for over two weeks now- wow, time is flying! I still just look at her and can't believe she's really all ours. We are so blessed! We've had a busy week.
  • Helen Grace has had her first bath, and I promise she didn't scream much while she was wet. She just had a fit when Mama was trying to take pictures of her afterward.

  • She got in the pool for the first time at her daddy's end of the season soccer party...well, her feet did anyway! She wasn't really a big fan of the water, but we'll give her a break this time. I know she'll be a water baby in no time if she's anything like John! She has a really cute bathing suit too, but it completely swallowed her so a onesie had to make due.

  • We went on our first "unsupervised" trip- all by ourselves!!!- to Sonic. She does great in the car, but I have started driving like an old lady with her in the car with me. I never thought that would happen!

  • We've been able to get out and see the real world a little. Last night, we got out to Taco Bell! She caused a big scene there as the manager made a huge fuss over her- said she needed to order the Grand Supreme! :) My mama helped us make our first trip to Target today, and she was so zonked out that we were able to make it to Lenny's for lunch too.

  • My parents have my great-grandmama's rocking chair at their house, and Helen Grace was able to be yet another generation to be rocked in that chair. We figure that it must have rocked at least four generations of Moores!
I'm two weeks old! June 8, 2009...Happy Birthday, Auntie Em! Pool Party First time in the pool
First Bath

Enjoying Goodmama's rocking chair with Spif

First solo trip with Mama...to Sonic!
How I spend most of my time...



One thing that I meant to mention in my first post after the hospital that desperately needs to be said over and over and over...the nurses at Baptist Women's Hospital are phenomenal! Nurses have a VERY difficult and thankless job, and after spending a week in the hospital, I am eternally grateful for their dedication to their job and their patience with and compassion for me and my family. I mean, who really WANTS to help someone go to the bathroom, take care of their incisions, and deal with their complaints of pain and tireless questions- just to name a few! Each one of them spent so much time with me to make sure I was comfortable and knew what was going on, and they truly celebrated each little milestone with us. They didn't make it seem like just a job, even though I know they all were juggling their personal life with their professional life like all of us do. What an inspiration! I cannot thank them enough for getting all of us through that crazy ordeal. Nurses, you are my heroes!

No comments: