Sunday, May 3, 2009

The Stroller Has Arrived!

Helen Grace has a stroller! My parents gave us her travel system for my Mother's Day gift- thanks, Moma & Daddy!!! While it still feels really weird that I'm technically a mother now by my mom's definition ("Sha, she's kicking you hard enough to hurt- you're a mom!"), I was really excited to get my hands on the stroller at last. The whole travel system thing has mystified me. When Brandy was helping me register at Babies R Us, I just stood there, no clue what button did what, while Brandy and the sales clerk flipped, squeezed, and clicked all kinds of levers and buttons to make all sorts of magic things happen. Where to begin?! Of course, I only made it about an hour before I insisted that we try to put it together, and I know my dad will be jealous that it really required very little assembly. We had to attach the wheels, trays, and such, but it wasn't too bad. We did laugh at ourselves as we had to stop and think about what part of the stroller the pictures in the instruction manual depicted- we haven't really hung around a lot of strollers before! It seems a little easier now that we've played with it, but I'm sure it'll be a whole different game when we have a sleeping newborn in the carrier that we are terrified to wake! The kitties have loved playing in the basket underneath, but they are more entertained by batting around all the little pieces that came off it!

33 Weeks






4 comments:

Courtney Rogers said...

Oh yeah, you just think you have it figured out! The first time Paul and I actually tried to put the car carrier on top to go shopping it took us 45 minutes to make sure she was in correctly.

Paula Carpenter said...

Sha, Take it from a 21 year old mother 29 years ago. When you take your dog out for a walk ( or cat) (do you walk cats?), never, never, never tie the dog's leash to the stroller and let go! That is what I did but thank goodness Frank caught Brandy's stroller before it was too late. lol.. I wasn't very smart back then.

Heather said...

We have that stroller. Love it! You look so cute!

Mindy said...

We have the same stroller too-just a different color! It is fabulous. Oh and here is a tip, before you go to the hospital, put the car seat in and fit the seat belt straps on it to fit a teddy bear, that way when you get ready to go home from the hospital you dont have to stand there while the nurse does it for you! :)