Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Potpourri

My mind seems to be going a million miles a minute in all different directions these days, so this post will be evidence of my scatterbrained-ness (if that can be a word for the sake of this blog).

Lots of exciting things have been happening in our lives lately!
  • The Lady Quistors and their parents absolutely blew me off my feet with a surprise baby shower complete with a diaper cake, corsage, delicious cake, and tons of sweet gifts- of course, including a soccer ball piggy bank, soccer ball rattles, and tons of bows and headbands! Coach rolled his eyes often throughout the gift opening.
Surprise! Two of the seniors got me there under the guise of a dinner date...


Oh, he just LOVES the bows!!! Wink, wink!
John's learned lots of new words through this process...such as Bumbo, romper, bloomers, and onesie.
  • We got our car situation worked out. We traded in my car this weekend (good riddance!), I took John's MDX, and we got John a TL. We are loving having that behind us and getting used to our new heights- I've never driven a SUV, and it's been years since John's driven a car. Fun!
  • My 35-week appointment last week was uneventful. I go back in two weeks when she'll do the Strep B test and check me for any progress. I have developed TERRIBLE heartburn over the weekend, so I've been talking to the nurse on a daily basis as I try to figure out what to eat or not eat, how to sleep, and what medicine I can take. (Can you overdose on Gaviscon?) Pepcid doesn't seem to last long enough- it'll help me get to sleep but I wake up in severe pain by midnight. The doctor called in some prescription stuff this afternoon, but I soon got a call from Walgreens that my insurance wouldn't cover it without a 'prior approval' or something from my doctor...so another day without it. Arg! I slept in the recliner in the den last night (with two cuddly kitties), and one night of that was enough to put me over the edge. I wasn't really ready for Helen Grace to come, but now I'm DYING for her to come early! :)
  • Our washing machine died last week, and after several whirlwind shopping trips and research by John, we now have a brand new washer. After we tested it a few times, I did our first load of baby clothes, which was really weird! The clothes are so little! John's been after me to start packing a bag for the hospital, so I'm finally making strides toward that project.
  • Here are some pictures from the shower in Olive Branch two weeks ago...such a fun day!

The fam...cousin Cam, Aunt Glo, Moma, Daddy, Bubba, and John's godmother Peggy. (My dad came at the beginning and end for logistical support- heehee!)
Rachel's adorable diaper cake, complete with a Rebel cheerleader ducky!
The sign-in table with a copy of Guess How Much I Love You for all guests to sign. The Gateway to Storyland was given by my GG (Granny Grace) to my mom when she was born, and then my GG gave me Mother Goose Rhymes when I was born. The Snowy Day was my favorite book as a child.
My sweet hostesses...Rachel, Gina, Brandy, and Christy.
Instead of a corsage, they gave me a rose bush-Helen Grace's birth month flower is a rose!
Larry and Carmella sent an amazing diaper cake from HOUSTON!!

1 comment:

Brandy Mattice said...

I told my mom about the heartburn and she of course said that HG will have a ton of hair. This was true for Daily! I'm sorry you feel bad, your on the downhill slope now. Hang in there!