Saturday, April 4, 2009

We Survived

Wow, I wasn't quite prepared for our childbirth class today. I had been worried about how John was going to take it, but I thought I would be ok with most of the gory details since so many of my friends have had babies. We were alright for the first part of the morning, and we even giggled through the labor video. I was more embarrassed for the women who were having a baby on a big screen for the world to see than grossed out by the details. John was impressed that there wasn't as much blood as he had expected, so that was a pleasant surprise. When the video wrapped up around noon, we thought we were free for lunch...but oh no, we still needed to hear all the gory details about the epidural, which kept coming and coming and coming! The nurse was very detailed and long-winded, and whew, the room got hot, my stomach started turning, my back was arching. I finally had to pull out a magazine and tune out the nurse before I got sick! There was no reason for all those details! We finally got a lunch break around 12:30, and we ran out like the building was on fire. We scarfed down some food at Wendy's, and I wasn't sure that I was going to be able to get John back into the classroom afterward- as we pulled out of Wendy's parking lot, he told me that he wasn't going to put on his seat belt in hopes that we would have a wreck on the way back. LOL! I am still laughing about that. Bless his heart! The afternoon session was bearable but still hard to sit through after being in that room all morning. We got out early enough that we were able to make it to Hayes' 6th birthday party, so that was the highlight of the day! I am so lucky to have a hubby that would sit through all of that with me, especially on a beautiful spring day- he definitely deserves a medal!

We have 11 weeks before Helen Grace joins us, and time is flying by at lightning speed. Next weekend, we are very much looking forward to a long weekend getaway at the Alluvian in Greenwood where we have a Viking cooking class and spa appointments scheduled. The next weekend is John's birthday, and then baby showers are around the corner. It will be May before we know it! We hope Helen Grace's chair will arrive this week too.


This is the style of rocker-glider-recliner, "Tryp" by Best Chairs, that Bubba bought for Helen Grace from Babytime...

This is a sample of fabric that is as close to ours as I could find, except that ours in the inverse of this...the background is white and the pattern is in green. As much as I would have loved to find a pink chair, I hope that we will be able to use it in a little boy's room one day as well.

1 comment:

Morgan Holt said...

Glad you both survived the class. In my eyes, doing the one day class is WAY better than dragging it out into many nightly classes. By the way, love the chair and the fabric. I went with a yellow/white check so that if I had a boy, I could easily use it in his room as well. Good thinkin Momma!