Tuesday, April 7, 2009

My Worst Nightmare

My mother has an addiction to Windex; my personal addiction is my Dust Buster. See, I come by it naturally. Also, I am an accountant. I tend to be a little OCD. It's just in my bones- I can't help it. Add to that pregnancy hormones which make me COMPLETELY irrational, especially when things do not go according to plan.

With all of this being said, WHY would a company as smart and sophisticated as Ballard Designs send me, of all people, a table for the nursery that was wrapped in little bitty bits of Styrofoam that went EVERYWHERE when we opened the box?!?! I just about LOST IT. Poor John. I think he could see the steam coming out of my ears and my eyes roll back in my head. We headed straight for the Dust Buster, and I used it until the battery died on me. It's currently back on the charger to prepare for Round 2! Here is the mess that put me over the edge.


So after my small breakdown and much soothing from John, the table is together and in the nursery. It looks great- and I can finally laugh about my moment(s) of insanity!

On a better note, I wanted to share some pics of how the kitties are enjoying all of this hubbub around our house. They are loving hiding out underneath the crib! Rebel just watches our every move, like it's HIS room.

We got a very sweet gift in the mail today, and Mocha had to personally inspect the package!

Sunday, John and Daddy worked very hard to hang the fan in the nursery, and it looks great! I'm very grateful that they are so handy!

1 comment:

Angela said...

If you love the dust buster now OH JUST WAIT!!! I will never forget when my Grandpa came to visit and I thought nothing of using my dust buster after dinner to clean up after Braden - floor, booster seat, placemat, you name it, I was busting it. He (Grandpa) made the comment that he never knew that the dust buster could clean so much! I'm telling you- we use it ALL THE TIME! I have worn out 3 since Braden has been around. I even got one for Christmas for the upstairs. Okay, can you tell I HEART MY DUSTBUSTERS???? The table looks great!