Sunday, April 19, 2009

Happy Birthday, John!

John celebrated a birthday this weekend, and at the birthday boy's request, we had a very nice, relaxing Saturday! We woke up and cooked a huge breakfast complete with bacon, eggs (John's are the best I've ever had), and chocolate chip pancakes! It's a lot of work for a weekend morning, but after we enjoy our feast, we always say we should do it more often. Since John's been fighting a cold, we stayed in our pj's all afternoon. John napped on the couch in my lap for a little bit, and at one point, he looked up at me and asked, "Was that you or her?!" Helen Grace popped him in the head!! He put his ear to my tummy and could even hear her heartbeat. It's amazing to think she's that big now! We went to Jeanne and Peg's for the traditional coconut cake Saturday night and enjoyed hanging out with Jeanne, Peg, the Browns, Summer, and my parents.

We woke up on the productive side of the bed on Sunday and decided to work on the quest for a TV for the nursery and hang the curtains. We were successful with the curtains anyway! (Still trying to make a decision on the TV.) Aren't the curtains great?! Patsy Jeppe (Rachel's mom) made them, and she did a beautiful job. Daddy and John hung them for me, and they make the room feel much more complete.

Helen Grace will be here two months from yesterday, and I'm still feeling great. We hope to get the results back from my second glucose test early this week. I sure hope I don't have gestational diabetes after all the cake and ice cream I've eaten this weekend!
31 Weeks



1 comment:

Courtney Rogers said...

The nursery is so cute! Kinda makes me want to decorate another one for me! Ha, just kidding!!!