Wednesday, February 25, 2009

6 Months Along

Can you believe Helen Grace is six months closer to being a part of our family?! I just shake my head sometimes when I think about how fast the time has passed. We had a little scare three weeks ago that turned out just to be growing pains, thank goodness. We had several ultrasounds, and the technician felt sorry for me and snapped this quick picture of HG's profile. She was around 21 weeks along in this picture.

We have made a big step in the nursery progress- we ordered furniture!! We found a great sale on the line that I have been eyeing for a while, so we just went ahead and ordered the dresser, chest, and bookcase in the dark wood color so that we can use it for future nurseries as well. I explained to John how I wanted to get HG a whole new "big girl bed" when she outgrows her crib, and he just snickered. I think he thinks I've lost my mind with all of this! :)


We had the Olive Branch High School Soccer Banquet this week, and we made it through with minimal tears. We both get so connected to the girls that it's hard to let the seniors go. It has been fun to watch them grow over the years, and I look forward to seeing the grown women they will soon be. Two of the seniors that John has coached for several years, Amanda and Christy, put together a really sweet picture frame of pics through the years and a very very nice note that we must frame. :) The team has started a tradition of wrapping John's car with Saran Wrap and/or toilet paper after the banquet. We were spared the shoe polish this year, but they left funny and sweet notes on his car. I'll take pics of those and post soon. We are very honored and grateful to be a part of the OBHS soccer family. They take such good care of us, and we wouldn't be the same without the girls and their families.

Bubba, Jeanne, Peg, and I went to see Riverdance on Sunday. I was very interested to see how Bubba would like it, but I smiled the entire first half as I watched her watching the dancers with her mouth hanging open. "How do they move their feet so fast?," she kept asking. :) Helen Grace liked it too. She was dancing along with them. We will definitely have to find a local Irish stepdancing studio by the time she gets to be 2 or 3 so that she can dance like that when she grows up. It was ALMOST as good as 42nd Street, and you know how much I love that show!
Still working on the car shopping...I got a little creeped out by the shady salespeople after two dealerships. It appears the economy has made a big impact on their sales strategies, and I don't like feeling like fresh meat. We will have to take this slow and maybe try to shop the lots at night so that we won't be bothered. ;)

No comments: