Tuesday, January 27, 2009

And...


WE'RE HAVING A LITTLE GIRL!!!!!!

We got to officially meet our baby girl yesterday during our 20-week ultrasound, and we are just estatic to see all her little fingers and toes wiggling and hear her heart beating up a storm. She just flipped and jumped around and seemed as happy to see us as we were to see her. She weighs 11 oz., her waist was 7 inches around, and her femur was 1 inch long- itty bitty! We are truly and beautifully blessed by this little miracle that I have the honor of carrying inside my body for the next few months. I am really feeling her move now- even during the day. I can definitely understand now that I know how long her arms and legs are!

We had our parents and Bubba over for dinner last night to share the news with them. I swear my mother almost disowned me for not calling her immediately after our appointment, but this was one of those big moments in life that I just wanted to share with our parents in person. We ushered them into the dining room and revealed a cake that had a baby's face on it...with a pink paci and a pink bow in her hair and a pink bib! And then the squealing began! I gave each of them a pink and white bib for the baby to wear at their house. After we finally got Bubba off the phone from calling every known family member and friend, we had the best dinner together, watching the ultrasound video over and over, pointing out all her little organs and body parts and laughing at her squirming around.

We are so excited about this little precious baby, and we just can't wipe that silly grin off our faces!
The Big Reveal
Baby Girl Cake
Baby Girl Bibs
Bubba Working the Phone
An Itty Bitty Girly Outfit!!!

The Proud Moore Grandparents

The Proud Great-Grandmama

The Proud Toohig Grandmama and Grand-Godmother

The Happy Parents-to-be!!!

2 comments:

Angela said...

such a cute cake idea! I am SO excited for you! Congrats again!

Courtney Rogers said...

Great cake idea! I made our parents wait to and it was worth it. I'm so happy for you two. Brentley Rae will have a great friend to play with when she comes to Olive Branch to visit the grandparents (and Momma Dot).